Thursday, July 26, 2007

Update on Missy




Missy is doing great.

On July 17, she kicked two boards from her stall and jumped out. She ran away. Mr. Pequinoght called at 6:00 and told us.

Dad and Mr. Pequinoght looked for Missy all morning. Finally, they called and said that they had found her in a neighbor's pasture, that she was safe, and that there was no way she could get out, because they had closed both gates. They couldn't catch her, however, and thought that I might be able to get her.

Later in the evening, dad took me over and I walked up to Missy. At first, she trotted away, but she soon let me catch her. We walked her about a mile to the barn where I brushed her, gave her water, and cleaned her stall while dad walked back to get the truck. She had two cuts, which I put ointment on and which are healed up now, a chipped hoof, which Mrs. Pequinoght said is no big deal, and a tick, which I pulled off. The boards were already back on the stall.

Two days later, Missy developed areas in which her she swelled up. She was also very listless. We found that it was an allergic reaction to the new oil-based flyspray. I gave her a bath, and now she is as good as new. Yesterday, I rode her in her pasture because the arena was too muddy.

Note: I will soon have something up for sale in the "For Sale" box; I am not telling what. It may take me a month to get it finished, or it may only take me one or two weeks, I have no idea. So keep watching!!!

1 comments:

Susie said...

It's a relief to hear that MISSY is better. I have been praying for her. You look wonderful riding her!
I am very curious as to what you will have up for sale - will be watching!